Photo Credit: Erik Drost / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0) (cropped)
Well, it seems that (C)M's beloved Cleveland Baseball Club is now in the same phase as the Washington NFL franchise: in a "review" to "determine the best path forward" for its long-time name
Therefore (C)M must conduct the same exercise as he did with that other team.
Top Ten Nicknames for the Cleveland Baseball Club:
10. The Heart-Rending Gut-Wrenching Disappointments
9. The Seven-Decade Droughters (will need updating every 10 years)
8. The Cy Young Traders
7. The Farm Team to MLB
6. The True Mistakes-on-the-Lake
5. The Ballpark-Mustard-Is-Better-Than-The-Team-ers
4. The I-Can’t-Watch-Any-More-of-This-ers
3. The At-Our-Usual-Rate-We’ll-Be-Back-in-the-Series-in-2036-and-
2. The When-Will-the-Dolans-Sell-Already?-ers
(Were those maybe a little long?)
1. As (C)M suggested the other day, “The Maestros.”
After the world-class orchestra, of course. But again, it does have a certain ring to it.
Your (Conservative) Maestro has been around for a really long time orchestrating messaging and communications strategy for politicians, CEOs and other assorted types. He thinks he may have picked up a few things along the way.